CropLife Vietnam is a member assocation of CropLife Asia - a non-profit society and the regional organization of CropLife International, the voice of the global plant science industry. CropLife advocate a safe, secure food supply, and our vision is food security enabled by innovative agriculture. CropLife Vietnam and member companies are committed to long-term investment in new technology to ensure that Vietnam’s 25 million farmers can realize higher crop yields, contribute towards the nation’s vibrant agricultural economy, and produce more high-quality food while minimizing impact on the environment and world around us. We encourage the adoption of plant science innovations including crop protection, seeds and/or biotechnology solutions.
Aims & Objectives:
- Advocate for science-based, functioning, and consistent regulatory framework that in line with international standards to support the application of Agriculture innovation (CP and Seeds) toward Government’s sustainable agriculture development
- Support to develop a robust system to protect property rights to registration data used to support crop protection products in Vietnam.
- Promote a robust patent system with vigilant enforcement for both crop protection products and products of agricultural biotechnology.
- Implement & promote product stewardship programs and strengthen partnership project to increase opportunities for farmers to adopt most advanced technology in CP and Seeds in a responsible and effective manner – that enable them to continue contributing to the sustainable food supply for both domestic use and exportation
- Increase public acceptance about sustainable agriculture, food safety, and plant science (CP and Agriculture Biotech)
- Raise awareness of the economic, social, and health problems created by counterfeit crop protection products and counterfeit products of biotechnology in Vietnam.
- Promote the use of science-based risk management procedures by regulatory authorities in Vietnam.
How can members join SCs:
- To be eligible for Croplife Vietnam membership, a company shall meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a member of EuroCham;
- Be acquainted with EuroCham’s Statutes, EuroCham’s Sector Committee Rules and these internal Working Rules, and agree to abide by them;
- Be prepared to demonstrate their concurrence with the objectives and policies of the CLVN SC by producing appropriate documentary evidence;
- Have the objective of promoting innovation and the respect of intellectual property rights;
- Show that their activities are independent of the Vietnamese government but fully compliant with Vietnamese laws and regulations;
- Agree to abide by, and have their members abide by the FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations) Code of Conduct on the Distribution of Use of Pesticides.
Get more information:
If you are interested in joining Croplife Vietnam, please support to fill in and send the Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org for our further actions.
Key interests and Position paper
Tran Thanh Vu
Syngenta (Vietnam) Ltd.