About our International Quality Medicines – Generic & Biosimilar Sector Committee
The International Quality Medicines (IQMED) – Generic & Biosimilar, formerly the International Quality Generics (IQGx), was established in October 2016 under EuroCham’s Healthcare Forum. This Sector Committee has created a forum where business professionals from interest-shared industries can discuss issues and solutions to provide affordable, high-quality, and sustainable supply sources for branded generic drugs.
The activities we carry out are driven by a shared mission, focused on:
- Delivering affordable, high-quality, sustainable branded generic medicine and services to Vietnamese people;
- Collaboration with key stakeholders such as the government, providers, and payers in Vietnam to build efficient legal frameworks and implementation platforms.
Medochemie (Far East)
Adamed Pharma Vietnam
Dr. Attila Molnar
International Quality Medicines – Generic & Biosimilar Sector Committee Members
External activities section
Mar. 17: Sent a letter to the Drug Administration of Vietnam (DAV) under the Ministry of Health advocating for strengthening the evaluation and publication of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) on DAV’s website.
Apr. 27: Sent a letter to the Legal Department under the Ministry of Health responding to Official letter 947.
Mar. 20: The Market access working group (MAWG) organized a meeting to discuss and assess Circular 06/2023/TT-BYT amending and supplementing a number of articles of Circular 15/2019/TT-BYT (link to Circular)
May. 15: Organized Board meeting which approved IQMED-G&B ByLaws amendment.
Join the International Quality Medicines – Generic & Biosimilar Sector Committee
IQMED membership requires the following criteria:
- Member of EuroCham.
- Must be foreign-invested or an international pharmaceutical company with a representative office in Vietnam. If the Member has a parent company, the parent company must also be a foreign company. [N.B. Separate legal entities belonging to the same multinational company shall be deemed to constitute a single company.]
- Must have product marketed in minimum three (3) markets in European Union (EU), Japan, Australia and New Zealand; and all together minimum ten (10) countries in Asia Pacific region, EU and North America.
- Must either:
- Own generic and biosimilar products manufactured at a manufacturing site in a SRA country
- Have at least one (1) manufacturing site in a SRA country
For inquiries, kindly contact:
Sector Committee Coordinator Ms. Vy Bui
Office phone: +(84-28) 3827 2715 – Ext 117
Mobile: (+84) 97 622 21 2