About our Legal Sector Committee
The Legal Sector Committee’s (LSC) mission is to level the legal playing field for European businesses in Vietnam. Our activities aim to generate revenue for the European Chamber of Commerce (EuroCham).
Among the primary focuses of the LSC are:
- Service sector market access commitments in the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement;
- Market access commitments for the service sector in the WTO;
- Other investments-related issues critical to European businesses.
The LSC works with the government of Vietnam and its agencies, as well as Vietnamese and European companies. To fulfill this, we work in a way that takes into account the interdependence of our members. In accordance with the Sector Committee Rules and Statutes, the LSC shall behave in a professional, lawful and respectful manner.
The Legal Sector Committee will:
- Facilitate networking and information exchange about the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement by holding business lunches, dinners, and breakfasts;
- Provide EuroCham members with seminars, workshops, conferences, and training sessions;
- Provide Vietnamese lawyers with training on EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement and other regulations;
- Prepare position papers with recommendations for the government;
- Assist the government in optimizing the foreign direct investment legal framework;
- Contribute to EuroCham publications, including its Whitebook;
- Invite and encourage European companies and industries to contact the LSC regarding legal issues in Vietnam;
- Advocate for positive resolutions for our members with the Vietnamese Government and line authorities;
- Cooperate closely with the EU Delegation to Vietnam.
Join the Legal Sector Committee
For inquiries, kindly contact:
Legal Sector Committee Coordinator Mr. Nguyen Minh Dang Khoa
Office: +(84-28) 3827 2715 – Ext 117
Mobile: (+84) 90 317 18 66