EuroCham and Deloitte Vietnam would like to invite you to join our Business Luncheon titled “Tax & Customs Highlights 2024” that takes place at New World Saigon Hotel on Wednesday, 06 March 2024. In this event, our esteemed experts from Deloitte shall share and discuss the highlights in Customs, Business Tax and Personal Income Tax.
Key talking points to be covered:
• Overview of Customs Environment
• Customs audit trend and key legislative changes for 2024
• Notable issues for 2023 Finalization and tax audit trend for 2024
• Latest update on the adoption of Global Minimum Tax Implementation in Vietnam from 2024 and relevant applicable policies
• Personal Income Tax updates
Details of the event:
• Date: Wednesday, 06 March 2024
• Time: 11:45AM – 02:00PM
• Location: New World Saigon Hotel, 76 Le Lai, Ben Thanh, D1, HCMC
• Fee (lunch included):
EuroCham members: 850,000VND/pax
Non – members: 1,100,000VND/pax
• Contact: Ms Khanh at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
1. Bob Fletcher Tax Director of Deloitte Vietnam | Customs and Global Trade Advisory European Services Group Leader1. Bob FletcherTax Director of Deloitte Vietnam | Customs and Global Trade Advisory European Services Group Leader
Bob Fletcher is the Practice Leader of Deloitte’s Customs and Global Trade Advisory team in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and Leader of Deloitte’s European Services Group. With over 40 years in customs and trade consultancy, Bob is one of Deloitte’s foremost experts in this specialist area, with extensive experience in advising many of the world’s major European, US and Asian multinational clients (across all key business sectors) on inter-Asia and intra-Asia trading strategies, and dispute resolution.
Bob is a regular speaker on customs and global trade matters and has conducted technical workshops on tariff classification and customs valuation to Customs Authorities in SEA. Bob has been repeatedly recognized by International Tax review as an Indirect Tax Leader (Customs) in SEA.
Bob has an extensive network of contacts with Vietnam Customs, and an active member of the Tax & Customs Working Groups of several leading business federations/ associations in Vietnam.
2. Ngoc NguyenTax Director of Deloitte Vietnam - Global Employer Services
Ngoc has been an expert in Global Employee Services (“GES”) practice for 15 years. With extensive knowledge and practical experience in this area, Ngoc is a proficient GES professional, providing Personal Income Tax and Payroll services, providing solutions and remedies to many multinational companies and reputable local firms, resulting in valuable cost savings for the clients.
Ngoc has extensive experience in resolving complex tax matters for many clients and succeeds in dealing with tax authorities. Her strong relationship with the government bodies brings lots of value to the client in building up an effective tax structure and challenging tax position for the client.
3. Thang TranTax Director of Deloitte Vietnam - Business Tax
Thang has joined Deloitte Vietnam since 2008. With more than 15 years working in tax practice, he has deep knowledge in tax compliance, tax advice, tax controversy, tax treaty and strong experience working with Vietnamese authorities (i.e. General Department of Taxation, local tax Departments, construction authorities, licensing authorities, customs authorities, etc.).
With diverse experiences working with international companies, Thang has built a great set of skills and working experiences on serving big accounts to support them in achieving business plans in Vietnam. He continues assisting various foreign direct investments in Vietnam and Vietnamese companies to comply with international standards.
Thang has served and continuously supported numerous of clients in energy, manufacturing, trading, construction, real estate, banking, etc. in and soon to be in Vietnam with day-to-day operations and tax and administrative obstacles during their time of investment.
4. Marieke van der PijlSecretary General of EuroCham