- Destination marketing
- Visa exemptions and ‘Visa-on-Arrival’
- Education and training
- Responsible tourism policies
- Licensing of tourist-related services
About our Tourism & Hospitality Sector Committee
The Tourism and Hospitality Sector Committee represents the voice of the international tourism and hospitality industry in Vietnam. Our members range from hotels to tourism management companies to airlines and industry experts. We also give tourism and hospitality updates within EuroCham.
To address the concerns of our members, advocate on their behalf, and provide recommendations to policymakers, we engage with key stakeholders such as:
- The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- The Ministry of Public Security
- Vietnam National Administration of Tourism
- The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
- Vietnam Business Forum (VBF)
- The Vietnam Tourism Advisory Board
- The EU Delegation to Vietnam
- Diplomatic Corps and trade missions of EU Member States
sofitel saigon plaza
vu thi thanh huong
qatar airways group
Tourism & Hospitality Sector Committee Members
Honorary Member – José Sánchez-Barroso
Qatar Airways Group
RMIT University Vietnam
Savills Hotels Asia Pacific
Sofitel Saigon Plaza
The Grand Ho Tram Project
April 20: Held a meeting with representatives from the HCMC Department of Tourism. Both parties have established a close working relationship over the past few years, culminating in the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding in March 2022. The MOU aims to enhance collaboration in consultancy, event coordination, and training to promote tourism in Ho Chi Minh City.
May 27: Chairman Mario Mendis was interviewed by the National Assembly Broadcast regarding the extension of e-visa validity from 30 days to 90 days and its implications for the tourism sector.
June 1 & 2: Martin Koerner, a THSC member and former Chairman, participated in the Tay Ninh Business Connect Forum to deliver a presentation on sustainability in tourism.
June 12: Chairman Mario Mendis appeared on VTV4 and discussed strategies to enhance Vietnam’s appeal as a tourist destination. Read more.
June 30 & July 2: Tourism and Hospitality Sector Committee Chairman Mario Mendis discusses visa reforms and Vietnam’s tourism growth on VTV4 and National Assembly TV. Read more.
February 21: The election for new Board members took place. Mario Mendis, General Manager of the Sofitel Saigon Plaza, was appointed as Chairman, and Vu Thi Thanh Huong, Chief representative in Vietnam and Cambodia for Qatar Airways Group, assumed the position of Vice Chairwoman.
Monthly SC meetings are held to provide updates and plan the agenda.
As a result of extensive advocacy efforts, a bill proposing an extension of e-visa validity to 90 days and visa-free stays to 45 days was submitted to the National Assembly for consideration on May 27.
- 2021 Whitebook
- February 2020 – The Tourism and Hospitality Sector Committee wrote to Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh with recommendations for supporting businesses affected by COVID-19. Chairman Martin Koerner also granted The Leader and Bao Dau Tu interviews to discuss the topic in depth.
- January 2014 – “The Impact of visa facilitation in ASEAN member states“