EuroCham and its nine affiliated national European business associations (BAs) hosted a webinar entitled “GEFE and You – How You Can Get Involved” on 24 August 2022. The event drew nearly 100 attendees. As well as providing an overview of GEFE 2022’s high-level conference programme and National Pavilions, it aimed to raise awareness among European stakeholders.
EuroCham Chairman Alain Cany provided the webinar’s opening remarks, along with Minister Counsellor and Head of Trade Section at the EU Delegation to Vietnam Dr. Carsten Schittek.
Next, GEFE National Pavilion updates were provided, including information regarding exhibitors and pavilion sizes. Companies and organisations also learnt how joining a National Pavilion can benefit them. As part of this, insights were provided by:
- Deputy Chief of Mission at the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands Christoph Prommersberger
- Italian Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (ICHAM) Chairman Michele D’Ercole
- Deputy Chief Representative at AHK Vietnam/German Industry and Commerce Vietnam Bjorn Koslowski
- Executive Director of the French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Vietnam (CCIFV) Adam Koulaksezian
An overview of GEFE’s high-level conference programme was then presented by EuroCham Green Growth Sector Committee Chairman Tomaso Andreatta.
Afterwards, sponsors and exhibitors discussed their reasons for getting involved in GEFE and why it is a must-attend event. Testimonials were given from:
- Managing Director of BASF Vietnam Frederick Contreras
- Manager of Carbon Solutions at Water Solutions South-East Asia Co. Markus Klemmer
- Vietnam Country Director of Copenhagen Offshore Partners and CEO at La Gan Wind Power Development Corporation Stuart Livesey
Following that, Schoolab Vietnam Country Director Quentin Frecon discussed GEFE’s Sustainable Innovation Lab, which has been developed in partnership with Schoolab. More information about this initiative can be seen in the “events” section of this newsletter.
We are immensely grateful for the intensive cooperation provided by GEFE’s sponsors and all nine of EuroCham’s affiliated national business associations for this impressive Team Europe event. This event could not have been successfully undertaken without this enthusiastic support. In the wake of this outstanding webinar, GEFE received a substantial increase in inquiries and event registrations.
CLICK HERE to watch a recording of the entire webinar.