About our Women in Business Sector Committee
This Women in Business Sector Committee (WIB SC) is comprised of organisations and individuals committed to advancing gender equality at work and in business organisations. We aim to work with stakeholders, including individuals, businesses, private enterprises, and the public sector, to fulfill our mission and address the issues raised by our members.
The WIB SC’s duties include:
- Engage in dialogue with the Vietnamese government, relevant authorities, or other stakeholders regarding women’s workplace issues, problems, and needs;
- Co-author EuroCham publications, such as the Whitebook, with other stakeholders to address issues, challenges, and needs related to gender equality, diversity, and inclusion in business;
- Send position papers and letters to the Vietnamese government;
- Organise luncheon, dinner, or breakfast meetings for networking and knowledge-sharing;
- Organise seminars, workshops, conferences, and training sessions on gender equality, promotion of women in leadership roles, and the benefits of diversity and inclusion practices;
- Share information about developments, trends, best practices, etc., regarding gender equality in the workplace with SC members;
- Support a diverse and inclusive business environment in Vietnam by representing the full spectrum of EU-related businesses in Vietnam, such as law firms, financiers, investors, and entrepreneurs;
- Work on an action plan for mid-and long-term activities of the WIB SC;
- Focus on sharing best practices among WIB SC members;
- Work with other chambers on gender bilingualism and gender balance projects;
- Establish a mentorship program to help women reach leadership positions.
Tilleke & Gibbins
Zaida de Jager
RTC Holdings Vietnam
COMMUNITY & IMPACT Vice-Chair
GEOTECH HUB VIETNAM
Women in Business Sector Committee Members
Air Liquide Vietnam
APFL & Partners Legal Vietnam
Concordia International School Hanoi
Dezan Shira & Associates
DFDL Vietnam Law
Haskoning DHV Vietnam
Individual Member – Linh Rateau
Individual Member – Mimi Vu
Khai Sang Corporation
QPA | Bambloo
RTC Holdings Vietnam
Solvay Brussels School Vietnam
March 8, 2023: Collaborated on a Round-table and Networking event with CCI France Vietnam – CCIFV, Women In Business SC, and La French Tech Vietnam. The event took place in Hanoi and HCMC and featured an insightful panel discussion on the vital role of women in championing #ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) standards in corporate policies.
March 8, 2023: The Women In Business Co-Chair spoke at the Panel Discussion titled “Women Empowerment in Tech: from Campus to Corporate” in Da Nang. The event was organized by Passerelles Numeriques Vietnam.
March 23, 2023: In collaboration with the Consul General of the Netherlands, Mr. Daniël Stork, BeLuxCham, and DBAV, hosted an exclusive event titled “Embracing Diversity – Entrepreneurial Best Practices in Vietnam” in HCMC.
May 24, 2023: Held a meeting between HAWEE Board and EuroCham WIB SC Board to discuss collaboration.
June 2, 2023: Commenced our first session on “Glass Ceilings in the Era of ChatGPT” with Mrs. My Holland – WIB SC Training Vice Chair, CEO of EQuest Asia, USAID gender trainer and IECL Executive Coach.
New WIB SC Board members election for Co-Chair, Treasurer, Strategic ViceChair and Community & Imapct Vice Chair.
– Received positive feedback from MOLISA regarding the tax reduction for enterprises that have gender-friendly policies. We need to follow up with the Ministry of Finance to discuss further.
-Paternity leave – officials commented that closing the gender wage pay gap was up to private companies, rather than the government.
Join the Women in Business Sector Committee
Kindly fill out the application form here: Women in Business Application Form. For WIB SC information and participation requirements, kindly contact WIB SC Coordinator Ms Phuong Hoang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inquiries, kindly contact:
Sector Committee Coordinator Ms Phuong Hoang
Office phone: (84-28) 3827 2715 – Ext 117
Mobile: (+84) 965 162 415